Friday, September 8, 2017

TWSS: Ask The #BSU; Oklahoma

four fans.jpg



C 🅾️RY‏ @CoryBBPC - How will OSU attempt to stop the OU pass attack?

Diana - My answers are a little short and sweet this week as my husband and I are preparing for Hurricane Irma here in South Florida. I answered a few, but my mind is everywhere so I can't concentrate on what I want to write. I'll be on my game next round!!
Silver Bullets and some PICKS!

Mel - With the Bucks “Basic Defense”

Lindsay - During game one we saw a secondary which was definitely vulnerable until the second-half adjustments were made. I'm hoping we play zone coverage and not man-to-man during the game. Our D thrives in zone and allows our dangerous defenders to get themselves in position for plays and picks...I mean, it's just BASIC!! :)

Shannon - Better communication from the young secondary. Hopefully if they are playing man coverage for the corners they have been practicing the bump and run. A lot of people are upset with the secondary from the Indiana game, but if you go back and look you will see Indiana made a lot of amazing plays. Baker Mayfield was darn near accurate against UTEP, but he had lots of time to throw. The best defensive line in the nation vs. the best offensive line will be playing a big part in the success or failures of any passing attack for the Buckeyes.


D & J's M ❤M‏ @LuckeyAnnie -  Seeing that @CollegeGameDay will be in C-bus this weekend, I'd like to know your BEST #GameDay sign vs #Oklahoma! #GoBucks

Diana - #BasicSooners.

Mel - I would have nothing but a picture of Baker Mayfield's mugshot on my sign. LOL

Jane - #StoopifiedSooners

Lindsay - Where's the backup QB’s prediction #AskingForAFriend

Shannon - My favorite Christmas present is Harbaugh tears


Buckeye SloopCast‏ @SloopCast -  Oklahoma played a cupcake week1, #OhioState played a good conference opponent. What are the pros/cons?
Jane - Though playing a cupcake team may seem like the best way to start the season, I’m all about going for it ... shoot me out of the cannon and let’s see what ya’ got. The Buckeyes faced a talented Indiana team that came out firing on all cylinders and had the Buckeyes on their heels for most of the first half, on both sides of the ball. Offensively, our wide receivers were being smothered and our defense couldn’t get their footing as QB Richard Lagow was throwing the football like he was releasing a hot missile, fast and accurate. Halftime proved to be productive with adjustments  and the Buckeyes started putting some drives together. By the fourth quarter they were well on their way to a victory. Give me a night conference game as an opener to show that you can work the kinks out and not have a false sense of security.

Lindsay - I'm happy that we played a tougher opponent in game one. Playing a B1G team allowed our new offensive coordinators to get their feet wet and shake off a few jitters. We played a hungry Indiana team which didn't let us quit, we had to stay on our toes throughout a good three quarters. We faced some early adversity and were able to make the adjustments needed to put us in a position to run away with the game in the 4ourth. I'm glad both sides of the ball were put in difficult situations, it allowed our coaches to coach and our captains to lead. Playing a cupcake game one would not give this young team the extra confidence needed with a big game in week two. Sure, a cupcake game gives you flashy numbers, but I'll take the flashy numbers we gutted out in a conference game.

Shannon - Ohio State has to have the better pro in this scenario. Young secondary tested so now they know what they need to clean up. Right side of the line getting game time together, the coaching staff seeing J.T. is not a pocket passer. The electric energy especially from a night game is something the Buckeyes are already familiar with in week two. For Ohio State, it was given the perfect setup for the matchup this weekend with a divisional game like Indiana.
The cons would have been if OSU lost.


Chris Hunt‏ @wvabuckeye - Of all of the great match-ps across the lines between the Ohio State D and Oklahoma O, which head-to-head are you looking forward to the most?

Mel - Bosa, Lewis and Hubbard against that “Basic” Mayfield.

Jane - Sam Hubbard. Looking forward to seeing him rush Mayfield. He has the size, athleticism and strength. I’m ready to see his speed off the line take Baker down.
 
Lindsay - I'm looking forward to watching Nick Bosa, our sweet Baby Bosa, get after Baker Mayfield. I know Nick is hungry after being held back a little bit last year due to his previous injury, he's ready to explode onto the scene and make some big sacks for this talented D!

Shannon - I am going to go with the five-man front to see if it confuses Oklahoma at all. There is more than just a head-to-head battle I want to see. Knowing that Oklahoma cannot double team this defensive line will be showcasing pure strength vs. strength. Oklahoma doesn’t look like it has a rushing game like last season without Perine or Mixon. This means the defensive line will be able to pin their ears back more and rush Mayfield. Bigger question will be who will be the spy if they use one to keep him contained.

PREDICTION

Diana -  A damn W since I likely won't be able to watch!! #HurricaneIrma
Mel - Now now ... we all know how I feel about predictions lol.

Jane - Good guys by seven. #Melwillbedoinglaundry

Lindsay - I hate predictions, but I will tell you ... it will be a W for the good guys! GO BUCKS!

Shannon - I will have to stay consistent as to what I said on the Silver Bullets Podcast 34-17.

No comments:

Post a Comment