Tuesday, September 18, 2018

TWSS Awards: TCU De-Horned Frogs

Offensive

Offensive MVP

WVa - Dwayne Haskins
Scott -  JK Dobbins
Diana - J’Kaylin Dobbins
Lindsay - JK Dobbins, that intensity and stare at the end of the game was my absolute favorite!
! Haskins kicked butt, but JK has my heart #sorrynotsorry :)
Jane - DeeWayne Haskins
Chuck - Dobbins
Chris - Dwayne Haskins Jr. - Look… I get the Dobbins love and he deserves credit for his work
but Dwayne owned that game.


Dobbins takes it in a close one!


tOSU O-line MVP

WVa - Chuck taking over awards again . . . how did this line get this good this quick without
Ed?
Scott -  Anyone but Michael Jordan
Diana - I agree with Chuck.
Lindsay - That entire line gets my vote, that's why we're a team!!
Jane - What great slobs we have!
Chuck - The whole line-Only one sack given up against a top, stunting defense? That’s how
you do it.
Chris - As much as I would like to pick out one offensive lineman and amaze you with all my
football knowledge about pin and pull, handling stunts, etc … I'm going to take the easy way
out and agree with Chuck. The line did a great job once they settled in.


The entire offensive line takes the cake


tOSU Offensive Unsung

WVa - PC is my guy, he’s unsung for sure. That play changed the game
Scott -  Parris Campbell Jr.
Diana - Parris!
Lindsay - Parris definitely made a huge play when we needed it most. I also want to give
respect to Brian Hartline for not giving up on Austin Mack, who came through with some
catches later in the second half that will catapult his confidence into the next game, instead
of deflating him.
Jane - PC
Chuck - See earlier comments about the line.
Chris - Since I didn't bow to peer pressure and give Dobbins the Offensive MVP, I am morally
obligated to put his name here.


Parris Campbell wins hands down



Offensive Top Play

WVa - See unsung. This play changed the game
Scott -  Parris Campbell Jr TD
Diana - Parris ✌ Was it me or was he mocking the TCU fans with their “air quotes” instead
of a peace sign? Haha!
Lindsay - Parris TD ... and yes Diana, I loved that, haha!!!
Jane - Pass to KJ HILL  leading to a beautiful TD …. almost gave him the ‘unsung hero’ award!
Chuck - Haskins finally (!) pulling the ball and running in for the TD.
Chris - The TD pass to K.J. Hill was my favorite play of the night. Not because of any
incredible action by either Haskins or Hill but because of the play call. It was masterful.
I won't make you read all the boring reasons why I loved it but it was my favorite play call of the season so far.


Back to backs for Parris Campbell

Defensive



tOSU Defensive MVP

WVa - Dre’Mont “it’s not a big boy TD” Jones
Scott -  Dre’Mont Jones
Diana - Sack Daddy Jones
Lindsay - D Jones slayed that game!!!!! The way these “brothers" picked up the slack left by
Bosa’s injury showed the absolute togetherness of this team and why they call it a brotherhood
, love it!!!
Jane - Dre’Mont, baby!
Chuck - D. Jones
Chris - This is difficult… The defense, overall, did not play as badly as the numbers would
make you think they did. I was really impressed with how Jordan Fuller played overall.
Arnette wasn't as bad as it seemed based on a play or two. Malik Harrison, also better than
some want you to believe. Dre’Mont Jones was an absolute monster. TL;DR I don't know…
Just pick one for me, Hunt. - Dre'Mont it is Mr. Drake!!!


Dre’Mont, Dre’Mont, DRE’MONT


tOSU D-line MVP

WVa - Nicki B and it isn’t close. Several players had to step up after he was lost
Scott -  Nick Bosa
Diana - Baby Bosa/Sack Daddy
Lindsay - Bosa at the beginning and D Jones picked up where he left off...we are so blessed
to see this line wearing scarlet and gray!!!
Jane - Several players really did step up after he was out...but, NB for me!
Chuck - Jones
Chris - Had Bosa played the entire game, he gets this easy. Since he didn't and DRE’MONT
JONES IS A GROWN-ASS MAN… Dre gets it for me.


Grown a$$ man Dre’Mont Jones


tOSU Defensive Unsung

WVa - Tuf Borland because he didn’t play the whole game and it showed at times
Scott -  Damon Arnett
Diana - Shaun Wade
Lindsay - Wade for me too D, he needs to be playing the whole game ... his ceiling is so high!
Jane - Tuff Borland. He is a beast.
Chuck - S. Wade
Chris - Malik Harrison had a pretty solid game. Caused a lot of disruptions that don't show
up in the stat sheet.


tOSU Defensive Top Play

WVa - Crazy good right place right time and Werner gets the assist for getting to Robinson
Scott -  Dre’Mont Jones TD
Diana - Dre’Mont’s audition for Zone 6
Lindsay - D Jones INT
Jane - Dre’
Chuck - Rumble, big man, rumble
Chris - Dre'Mont's audition for the Piesman Trophy.


Dre’Mont rumblin, stumblin bumblin’(that use to be a thing somewhere  hmmmmm)



Odds and Ends

tOSU Special Teams MVP

WVa - ugggghhhh . . . Liam because Drue wouldn’t have as much time to do so well punting
Scott -  Entire punt and kick coverage team
Diana - Special Teams all around.
Lindsay - it was a great day for our special teams
Jane - Saunders
Chuck - Liam McCullough. Duh.
Chris - I see Chuck is stealing my McCullough thunder. I've been on the Liam bandwagon
for 2 years and I'm not making any room for someone else to join me. Yes, any time that they
don't mention the longsnapper’s name, he is the MVP.


Liam Bloody McCullough?


tOSU Needs Improvement

WVa - Stop cheating Chuck, LB play has to improve. Missing wide open gaps is a problem
Scott -  Center snap
Diana - fix those low snaps!
Lindsay - low snaps for sure
Jane - Austin Mack needs to hang on to the ball . and those ever so low snaps.
Chuck - Linebacker play
Chris - Can Dre’Mont snap the ball?


The snaps


tOSU Next Big Star

WVa - Jordan Fuller is important to the success of this D and he will be big soon
Scott -  Terry McLaurin
Diana - K.J. Hill
Lindsay - Wade’s upside is undeniable
Jane - Ryan Day
Chuck - Shaun Wade
Chris - K.J. Hill Enjoy him this year because I don't think he'll be back.


K.J. Hill got it going on

Fun Stuff

Best Celebration

WVa - Dre needs to be Gif’d
Scott -  After Dre’Mont Jones’ TD rumble
Diana - Dre’Mont TD
Lindsay - the offense throwing up OHIO to the crowd after JK’s stare down ... gave me chills!!! Despite the fact the crowd didn't reciprocate, the love and intensity of our team matters most!!!
Jane -  Dre’Mont pushing people out of the way to get into the end zone. Made me laugh
everytime I watched it.
Chuck - BB Landers at the end of the game
Chris - Me going absolutely nuts in my living room on the Jones pick 6. I was so excited
that I didn't have a single sound come out of my mouth. It was just jumping and flailing all
around the upstairs.


We need a Gif of Chris Drake’s celebration . . .


Worst Celebration

WVa - definitely the first ever mediocre O-H-I-O in another teams stadium ever
Scott -  Fans unable to complete an O H I O
Diana - The dumb ass “air quotes.”
Lindsay - disappointed in our fans lack of OHIO, but that dumb horn takes the cake
Jane - Fog horn, leg horn.
Chuck - Stupid frog train horn
Chris - When the Ohio State players on the field were trying to get the fans to start the O H I O
chant and it was just nothing. I was more disappointed in the fans, in that moment, than I
was during Tennessee Jeff's rally.


O-H-I-O?


Best Officiating Call

WVa - Scott nails this one. I’ve been in that situation before and for those guys to be looking
AT the play was huge.
Scott -  Illegal forward pass on kick
Diana - No targeting call was fair.
Lindsay - forward lateral
Jane - Thank GOD for the illegal forward pass call on the run back. Laying down in the end
zone ... ridiculous.
Chuck - No targeting on the TCU kid who made incidental contact
Chris - The illegal forward pass was incredibly easy but the booth guy gets it for reversing
the targeting call.


Illegal mojo on the forward pass on the kickoff, the funnier part about the call is the unsporting that wasn’t called against the kid laying down in the scarlet and gray endzone then being shown on the big screen!


Worst Officiating Call

WVa - this ACC crew lacked the ability to be consistent and both teams felt it but OSU
specifically with the below missed calls
Scott -  Missed hold on play Bosa was injured
Diana - 2 PI and the hold on Bosa for sure
Lindsay - I echo D’s response
Jane - Multiple PI non calls.
Chuck - Most of the lack of pass interference on TCU’s DBs
Chris - The lack of a pass interference flag on the pass to Dixon in the end zone made me so
mad that I woke up about 4:00 a.m. today yelling about it.

Lack of being able to call a single DPI against TCU and butchering an OPI that should have been called against them.

No comments:

Post a Comment