Sunday, August 26, 2018

Countdown to Kickoff:Cie Grant

Written By Diana Witherwax
We are SIX days away from BUCKEYE football! With that in mind, I’d like to showcase one of my favorite Buckeyes, Cie Grant.




Cie’s last game as a Buckeye was certainly one to remember. The 2003 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. The back and forth drama of that game had us all on our seats. I don’t think I have even gone through so many emotion during one football game. My favorite memory includes #6 and it plays out like this:




“Cie Grant was the man who pressured Dorsey and now the party begins for THE Ohio State Buckeyes!”


14 and OH!


We were introduced to his talent of singing shortly after that win.


Cie sang “Carmen, Ohio” in freezing Columbus at the celebration in The Shoe with the BEST DAMN FANS IN THE LAND. He did it again to wish the 2014 Buckeye team good luck in the first ever College Football Playoff Championship game. We all know how that ended. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment